Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thai Salad


This is the food that at the first bite you're not quite sure what to think, but you crave for ages!

1-2 lb. Beef (I use top round cut about 1/2" thick)
Salt (to rub in the beef)
2 Cucumbers, peeled and sliced thinly
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
2-3 Limes
Fish Sauce (1/8 c. or more)
1/4 c. Mint Leaves (chopped)
1/4 c. Cilantro (chopped)
Rice (Sticky or Jasmine)

In a bowl combine cucumber, onion, mint and cilantro. Grill/Broil the salt-rubbed beef until medium rare. Slice thinly. Add to cucumber/onion mixture. Squeeze limes over the meat (the acids will cook the meat) and pour fish sauce over mixture. Toss and taste. Add more mint/cilantro or fish sauce to taste. Serve immediately over warm rice. (It's not bad left over... just heat up rice and add chilled salad.)

1 comment:

Patty Young said...

Ooooh, I can't believe you posted this recipe! I just had this last night for dinner at my fave Thai restaurant. This is pretty much the only thing I order when we go there (which is quite often) because I crave the taste of the sauce! Thanks!!!