Monday, February 21, 2011
You know those lovely cookies at all the grocery stores with all the fluffy colored frosting?... ya, these are the ones :)
* 1 cup butter
* 2 cups sugar
* 3 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 1/2 cups sour cream
* 5 -6 cups flour (until desired consistency for rolling)
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Beat in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
3. Mix in dry ingredients.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or 6-8 hours).
5. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
6. Roll out dough to a 1/4 to 3/8 inch thickness using a generous amount of flour.
(I took 2 3/8" dowels and put them to the sides of the dough so the rolling pin spanned across to both dowels making the dough a perfect consistency once rolled out)
7. Cut out shapes and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes.
8. Cool on wire rack.
9. Frost and decorate as desired.
4 c. Confectioners Sugar
1/2 c. Shortening
5 T. Milk
1 t. Vanilla
Food Coloring (optional)
Combine all the ingredients together and mix with mixer until combined and fluffy.
(I ended up adding an extra Tbsp of Milk to make it easier to spread).